AmigaActive (1222/2143)

From:Kevin Twyman
Date:15 May 2000 at 21:54:16
Subject:Re: WooooHoooo! But... ;)

Hello Neil,

On 15-May-00, you wrote:

>> Is the CD changer used on a BBS or something?

> advantage is having several CDs quickly available. For instance, I
> generally have the last three AACDs loaded. It's also handy for
> pulling stuff from Aminet CDs. I can mount the latest six CDs and
> "download" several files in one batch.

Ahh, right. I was wondering what use such a device would be, other
than as file access on a BBS. I've come across several used like that.

>> Mind you, having now installed CacheCDFS, I still can't read a
>> videoCD.

> I don't think any of them can, which is why Frogger has its own
> VideoCD reading.

As one who normally reads the docs (I admit it! ;) I've just had a
horrible feeling, and went and looked at Froggers documentation.

Ho hum! ;)

Regards,

Kevin - Est. 1949 http://www.theboyz.freeserve.co.uk
A man with an Amiga A4000T CyberStormPPC 604e/233

health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.